Sunday, February 7, 2010

Reflections After the Rain

I was sitting with the boys at our kitchen table Sunday morning after making fresh lemonade. An early morning rain storm was clearing out of the sky creating dramatic formations of clouds, sunshine and shade. I noticed that the house and clouds were reflecting off the truck and thought it would make an interesting picture.

While I was composing the shot, my goals were to capture the refection of the house on the bumper of the truck while minimizing my own reflection. I also wanted to capture the cloud formations in the background. After processing the picture, I was excited to find the additional reflections on the side of my car and the chrome finish of the truck's grill.

This is a hand-held, three exposure HDR picture. The initial HDR processing was done in Photomatix Pro with additional layer masking in Photoshop Elements 8.



Specs:
Canon EOS Rebel T1i, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS lens
Shutter Speed: 1/250
Aperture: 14.0
Focal Length: 24.0 mm
Aperture-Priority AE
AEB: -2, 0, +2

Here are the original bracketed exposures with the "sunshine" white balance.


Underexposed by -2

"Normal" exposure

Overexposed by +2






No comments:

Post a Comment